- Go to Appearance > Themes in the WordPress Dashboard
- Click on the Add New button
- Click on the Upload link
- Select the file
- Click on Install Now button
Activate the theme
Now, hover over the theme thumbnail and press the Activate button
Set up Custom Menu
- Go to Appearance > Menus in the WordPress menu
- Click on Create a new menu link
- Give a name to your menu in Menu Name and click Create Menu button
- Now choose the pages, categories, custom links from the leftside of your screen by selecting the checkbox and click on Add Menu
- Click Save Menu after adding required pages, categories in the menu
Home Page Slider
- Go to Appearance > Customize in the WordPress menu
- Now go to the Slider section.
- To activate the slider, check the Check to activate slider checkbox
- Upload the image # 1 for the first slider. Similarly, add the corresponding slider title, slider description and redirect link. You can link to a link within your site or outside of your site.
- Repeat the above step for your other slides.
- Now, click on Save & Publish button. That’s it, open your home page and it should be there. 🙂
Add custom logo
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Site Identify in the WordPress menu
- Now go to the Site Identify section.
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Header > Header Logo in the WordPress menu
- Now, Upload the custom logo from the Select Logo button there.
Recomanded size of logo is 150 X 150 Pixels.
- Also Go to Appearance > Customize > Header > Show, the Show logo only or Show both or Disable check-box need to be checked to show the logo in header.
- Now, click on Save & Publish button.
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Header Image in the WordPress menu
- Now, Upload the header image from the Add new image button there.
Recomanded size of header image is 1100 X 300 Pixels.
- Now after selecting the header image, it will ask you to crop. If you like to crop it, then, you can crop else leave it as you want for your site to best suit it.
- Now, click on Save & Publish button.
You can choose the header image to be shown above the header text or below it.
- In the dashboard, go to Appearance > Customize > Header.
- Now, here you will find the section of Header Image Position
- Here, choose the required place to display the header image in your site.
- Now, click on Save & Publish button.
Setup Business Template
- In the dashboard, add a new page.
- In the Page Attributes option box, choose the Business Template in the Template drop-down option.
- Publish the page. Yes, that’s it for the first step.
See the image for a better view of Business Sidebar.
- Business Sidebar
- Business Sidebar Five
- Business Sidebar Four
- Business Sidebar Three
- Business Sidebar Two
- Contact Page Sidebar
You just need to add some widgets to these sidebars to setup the business template.
Below are some widgets provided by the theme that you could use to make your business template look awesome.
- TG: Image Services
- TG: Call to Action
- TG: Featured Widget
- TG: Custom Tag Cloud
- TG: Featured Single Page
- TG: Testimonials
- TG: Featured Posts
- TG: Our Clients
Add this widget to Business Top/Bottom Sidebar. In this widget, select any of your page in the drop down option. There are six page drop-down options within it. The title, description and featured image of that same pages that you select will be shown.
Add this widget to Business Top/Bottom Sidebar. In this widget, add the first and second title line, button text, button redirect link and all is done.
Add this widget to Business Top/Bottom Sidebar. In this widget, add the title and description. select any of your page in the drop down option. There are three page drop-down options within it. The featured image of that same page that you select will be shown.
This widget display your all tags. Add this widget to Right/Left Sidebar. In this widget, enter the title.
Add this widget to Business Sidebar and Left/Right Sidebar. In this widget, select any of your page in the drop down option. The title, description and featured image of that same page that you select will be shown.
Add this widget to Business Top/Bottom Sidebar. In this widgets, add the title, text, name, byline and all is done.
This widget display your latest/featured posts. In this widget, enter the Title and Description. Select the number of posts to display from either the Latest Posts or Posts from the certain Category. If you choose to Show posts from a category than enter the Category from the Drop-down option.
Add this widget to Business Top/Bottom Sidebar. In this widgets, add the title, image path link, image redirect link and all is done.
- In the dashboard, go to Settings->Reading.
- Check on the ‘Static Page’ option.
- Choose the business page (the page you created following the instruction above) as the front page.
- Save the Changes.
How to Setup Blog page?
- First go to Settings->Reading->Front Page displays->A static page (select below).
- Now from Posts page: dropdown select any page where you like to show blog post.
- Click Save Changes.
- Now if you want further options then go to Appearance->Customize->Design->Blog Posts display type.
- Choose Blog Image Large for large image with excerpt text.
- Choose Blog Image Medium for medium image with excerpt text.
- Choose Blog Full Content for showing full content without the featured images and readmore
- Choose Blog Image Alternate Medium for medium image with excerpt text but images appear in alternate fashion right, left.
- Now go to Appearance->Menu and select the blog page you choose in step 2 as menu
- See all blog demo here Demo
- Default Layout
This layout will be reflected in whole site archives, search etc. The layout for a single post and page can be controlled from below options.
- Default layout for pages only
Select default layout for pages. This layout will be reflected in all pages unless unique layout is set for specific page. To select the unique Layout for any particular page edit that page and Choose the Layout from Layout option box.
- Default Layout For Single Posts Only
Select default layout for single posts. This layout will be reflected in all single posts unless unique layout is set for specific post. To select the unique Layout for any particular post edit that page and Choose the Layout from Layout option box.
Custom CSS Box
- Accelerate have Custom CSS Box which will ease your work if you need to add CSS in your site. Note: It will strip all the tags. Also, we strongly recommend not to edit the code in the theme’s file. All you changes will be lost if you update the theme. Use child theme instead.
Other Theme Related options
- Excerpt/Full Posts Content
Display full content or short description/excerpt on your blog and archives page.
- Excerpt Length
Excerpt Length allow user to limit the number of Words you wish to show on excerpt. Default value is 40 words.
- Read More
To change the Read more text in Posts Page: Blog, archive etc.Read More in Posts page will not appear if you choose to show Full content in the Posts Page
- Footer Copyright Editor
Edit the Copyright information in your footer. You can also use shortcodes: [the-year] for current year, [site-link] for your site link, [wp-link] for WordPress site link and [tg-link] for ThemeGrill site link.
How to limit the excerpt text
- First Go to the service widget page or post in your dashboard.
- Just below the page editor you will see the excerpt box
- If you don’t see the excerpt box. Scroll to the top and you will see the screen options on the right hand side corner.
- Click it and check the Excerpt box. Now you should see the excerpt box below the editor.
- Fill the excerpt box with the desired amount of text that you want to show.
Contact Us Page
Contact us page template
- Go to dashboard, then create a page. Give it a name “Contact” or “Contact us” as you wish.
- Now on the right hand side you can see Template Drop-down. Select Contact Page Template
- Copy the contact form 7 shortcode and paste it in this page.
- Click on Publish.
do_action( 'before' ) - Hook to add function directly after start of tag do_action( 'accelerate_before_header' ) - Hook to add function before header area do_action( 'accelerate_after_header' ) - Hook to add function after header area do_action( 'accelerate_before_main' ) - Hook to add function before the main content do_action( 'accelerate_before_body_content' ) - Hook to add function before the body content including sidebars do_action( 'accelerate_after_body_content' ) - Hook to add function after the body content including sidebars do_action( 'accelerate_before_comments_template' ) - Hook to add function before comment template in posts do_action( 'accelerate_after_comments_template' ) - Hook to add function after comment template in posts do_action( 'accelerate_before_left_sidebar' ) - Hook to add function before left sidebar area do_action( 'accelerate_after_left_sidebar' ) - Hook to add function after left sidebar area do_action( 'accelerate_before_right_sidebar' ) - Hook to add function before right sidebar area do_action( 'accelerate_after_right_sidebar' ) - Hook to add function after right sidebar area do_action( 'accelerate_before_footer' ) - Hook to add function for footer content do_action( 'accelerate_footer_copyright' ) - Hook to add function for footer copyright area