I Have an Old Version of the Theme Before Transitioning to Freemius, How can I Update the Theme?
If you’re using a theme before Transitioning to Freemius as license manager (i.e. before September 2019), then it is most likely you’re using an old version of the theme and want to get the latest version.
How do I know if I’m using theme before transition to Freemius?
You can log in to your WordPress dashboard and go to
Settings > [Theme Name] License Manager. If you see the UI like the below, you’re using the theme before transitioning to Freemius.
Now, if you have confirmed that you have old theme. There might be various cases:
If You Have an Active License:
You can skip to the Download the Latest Version section below:
If You Do Not Have an Active License:
In this case, you need to either renew the license or purchase a new license to get the latest theme file:
Download the Latest Version
- Log in to your ThemeGrill Account
- In your ThemeGrill Account, click
- From the theme list, click the
Install and Activate the Latest Version
- In your site with WordPress installation, go to
Appearance > Themes
- Click the
Add Newbutton and then,
- An option to upload the theme zip file will appear under
If you have a theme in a .zip format, you may install or update it by uploading it here.
- Click on
- Find the zip file of the theme you downloaded from the ThemeGrill Account on your computer and select it.
- Note: if you do not find the files, you can search online saying
where are the files I download using the browser
- Now, click the
- After installing the theme, since you already have an older version of the theme, it’ll ask if you want to replace it.
- Click the
Replace current with uploadedbutton
- That’s it. Congratulations, you’ve successfully updated the old theme.
- Now, you can Activate the License.