Remove imported Demo Content In a Fresh WordPress Installation:
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE:We recommend you backup your WordPress before using the WP Reset plugin as it will reset your site’s database to the default installation version. Similarly, please do not use the plugin if you want to keep your customizations unchanged and read the plugin’s documentation carefully before resetting your site
A simple way to remove the imported demo content is by using the WP Reset Plugin. Sometimes, you might want to give different WordPress theme demos before finalizing the one that you like. During this case, you will have to frequently remove the demo content that you have imported. Similarly, sometimes, your demo might be corrupted while working on it and you might have to start everything from scratch as well. The plugin WP Reset comes into play during these cases.
- Download WP Reset Plugin and go through the instructions provided by them before proceeding.
- Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins to activate WP Reset Plugin.
- Navigate to Tools > WP Reset and scroll to the bottom until you reach Site Reset tab.
- Click on Reactivate current theme – Theme name if you want the plugin to automatically activate the theme that you are using, after the reset is done.
- Type reset on the box below and click on Reset site.
- This will delete the customizations and content of your site and your WordPress will be reset to the default installation.
- Install and activate a new theme of your choice if you want or else the plugin will automatically activate the old theme and you can carry out the demo import process again.